hurry up and wait

Thursday, July 23, 2015 Posted In , , , Edit This
Time Heals and Hurts, Just Like You

In a few fast weeks 
of long, late night conversations 
and all the frankness 
the early hours bring,
we were kindred spirits,
I knew you for years.

Hours passed in warmth
huddled on your couch,
spring rolls in your lap,
your macbook in mine.
I rush for the last tube
though it's only been minutes.

Days of heavy silence 
through which I wonder
where you are,
what you're doing
and if you've thought of me.
Has it yet been weeks since we spoke? 

The weeks pass so slowly
for me at least,
so long since we said anything 
other than meaningless drivel.
It feels almost as though
you deserted me years ago. 

Just give me a few more weeks though  
until I suddenly think "has it been months already?"
and it will seem like years since we were "we".