Cause you know it's over, before it began 

Friday, August 04, 2017 Edit This

This is bittersweet. 

Here comes the sweet. 

Did you know your sister texted me twice a few days apart to ask if I'd made it home yet? She had no reason to check but she did. She even sent a fucking kiss emoji. 

Charles, who drove around my friends (NOT EVEN ME) messaged to ask how things were and how the new job was. He has ZERO obligation to me. He barely knew me. He also sent kiss emojis. 

Your wee bestie, he messaged out the blue asking if I've settled in. I didn't even make the effort to see him while I was there. But he did that and then held conversation with me. 

Your housemate/boarder messaged me out the blue and to my surprise it wasn't a question about visiting the UK or about a medical ailment, nope, her "1q" for me was just whether my two years are up and when I'm coming back.

You couldn't be bothered initiating conversation with me. Hell, you couldn't even be bothered completing conversation with me. 

You used to say "I don't do distance".

I always thought the emphasis went on distance, that that was the problem. 

I can now see that the actual problem is the first part of that sentence. YOU don't, YOU can't, YOU won't do it, not even for that special thing we had.