la la la -> WHATEVER

Friday, January 06, 2012 Posted In , , , , , , , , Edit This

Tonight Tonight
By Hot Chelle Rae
Uno, dos, tres
It's been a really really messed up week
Seven days of torture, seven days of bitter
And my girlfriend went and cheated on me
She's a California dime but it's time for me to quit her
La la la, whatever, la la la, it doesn't matter, la la la, oh well, la la la
We're going at it tonight tonight
There's a party on the rooftop top of the world
Tonight tonight and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign
I don't know if I'll make it but watch how good I'll fake it
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight
I woke up with a strange tattoo
Not sure how I got it, not a dollar in my pocket
And it kinda looks just like you
Mixed with Zach Galifianakis
La la la, whatever, la la la, it doesn't matter, la la la, oh well, la la la
We're going at it tonight tonight
There's a party on the rooftop top of the world
Tonight tonight and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign
I don't know if I'll make it but watch how good I'll fake it
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight You got me singing like
Woah, come on, ohh, it doesn't matter, woah, everybody now, ohh
Just don't stop let's keep the beat pumpin'
Keep the beat up, let's drop the beat down
It's my party dance if I want to
We can get crazy let it all out
Just don't stop let's keep the beat pumpin'
Keep the beat up, let's drop the beat down
It's my party dance if I want to
We can get crazy let it all out
It's you and me and were runnin this town
And it's me and you and we're shakin the ground
And ain't nobody gonna tell us to go cause this is our show
Everybody
Woah, come on, ohh, all you animals
Woah, let me hear you now, ohh
Tonight tonight there's a party on the rooftop top of the world
Tonight tonight and we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign
I don't know if I'll make it but watch how good I'll fake it
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight
It's all right, all right, tonight, tonight
Yeah it's all right, all right, tonight, tonight
Just singing like Woah, come on, ohh, all you party people
Woah, all you singletons, ohh (even the white kids)
Just don't stop let's keep the beat pumpin'
Keep the beat up, let's drop the beat down
It's my party dance if I want to
We can get crazy let it all out
Just don't stop let's keep the beat pumpin'
Keep the beat up, let's drop the beat down
It's my party dance if I want to
We can get crazy let it all out
So I'm hardly ever on this anymore. Partly because I don't really like people reading everything I think, making this somewhat futile. I do, however, like going back and reading my own thoughts and laughing at myself. Which is why I'm here right now and which is why I was also PEEVED to find out somewhere along the line, I accidentally deleted my first ever post from Sevenoaks. I want those thoughts back. I'm annoyed. I can't find the post saved anywhere and this really upsets me. I even remember what the post looked like it was red with Bob Marley's "Everything's Gonna Be Alright". It was one of the most optimistic posts on here and I am so upset it's gone that I am commemorating it right here, so I always remember it existed. If I ever find it saved somewhere IT WILL GET BACK UP.
Anyhoo, this is my very first University post, although I'm actually on Christmas Break. (Which makes me more upset at having lost my very first Boarding School post.) In any case, my inactivity means I never mentionned what happened with IB and if I ended up at Uni and where in the end. Since my last IB post which I'm pretty sure was terribly miserable, I got my IB results. Somehow I snagged a 43. Which I did a little happy dance about. I got my predictions for all my subject, somehow managed to get a 7 in English instead of my predicted 6 and thank goodness, got my 6 in Math HL (two 7s, two 5s, balanced at a 6) and hence made my offer. The only thing I was peeved about was missing my extended essay A. Because Mrs.P had predicted me that well before anyone else's supervisor had deigned to predict them anything. Also, that EE was my baby. So I called up the school to see if it was worth getting a remark on that one, but our careers lady essentially called me anal retentive. I concluded thus, that it was not worth the trouble. My friends all did really well, I think, N, M and M all got their conditional firm offers with two 44s and a 45. Not sure what happened with Z as she essentially dropped off the face of the earth. And I feel ok admitting she may have been my least favourite as she had a tendency to antagonise me. C got a 42 but tragically missed hers and has absconded to Wales, where I intend to visit her at some point. L got a 39 and absconded States-wards deciding UCL was not good enough for her in her typically flamboyant way hahaha. I miss them right now. We had some amazing times and got through a good deal of shit. It's so much easier to love them when you don't live with them. Anyway M is with me at uni, and N and M I have been to visit and have visited us as well. I stayed on Ns floor and we had our usual drunk talk good times.
Now would probably be a good time to mention, I did end up going to Uni and studying medicine, and I did in fact end up up north at the University of Dundee. Which I cannot recall if I ever posted about back when I went for interviews, but I did love on my trip there. I just grew bitter about Uni in general with all my shortcomings. Anyway, on the whole, I am perfectly content there. And really I can't elaborate much further. I am neither ecstatic nor miserable. I'm comfortable. Content. I feel at ease. The place is lovely, Scottish people are unnaturally friendly, which leads me to believe that M belongs here being the way she is. It's beautifully scenic. It's not too big but it's also not in the middle of nowhere. The course is lovely and hands-on with your own little old patient from the first term and frequent cadaver dissections. I live in fear of elaborating further than this just because of all the confidentiality issues but I feel like this is vague enough. My flat is lovely and new and clean (mostly) and my 5 flatmates all turned out to have XX chromosomes. El is Scottish and lived in Dahran. When I first met her she had her arms filled with beer. Safe to say I was concerned. But she has since turned out to be very much hassle-free and her fairly silent boyfriend who basically lives with us is nice too. (My jaw dropped the first time he spoke to me months after I'd first seen him leaving the flat in the morning.) A is also Scottish from right near by, and I have since met a number of people from her school. She's pretty nice as well although sometimes I feel like she's a bit of a racist. I mean not to me. Idk if that makes sense. Em is insane. Actually. When I first met her she was all "I cam here to study no pahtays for me" but I dare say she's the most pahtay-ish. I really like her. She's from Greece, originally Russian and reminds me of my 7oaks L a lot. H is a really cool person. She did a gap year and I really like talking to her. We once ran into each other in the kitchen at midnight and ended up discussing religion and morality and philosophical things til 3am. She's also nice and neat. L is one of my faves. She's incredibly clean, I love her and want to always live with her :P She's also a social recluse just like me.
Which brings me on to my losing my mind. I was never a very sociable person, lets be honest. At home, at YSP, at Soaks I've always ended up with a small low profile group of close friends. I have that now in Dundee. Buuuut I find myself largely ensconced in my room. I really don't know why. It's not that I don't like the people I've become close to in Dundee, I do. I hang out with them on the weekends, we go out together, go to each other's houses, cook dinner etc. M and I have our long-standing Soaks bond and she sleeps over occasionally. I have really deep heart to hearts with her and H, F and L, I've been involved in a comedy show with my Medic Dad and so on. I have just found that often, I much prefer to be in my own company reading something in my room. Something that is usually fanfiction, as I have an unhealthy obsession with Jane Austen's works, especially Pride and Prejudice, which if you've seen my tumblr, you would have gathered.
The studies- I have to say, I worked WAY harder for IB. Or maybe I just did more extra-curricular stuff and wallowed in self-pity more at Sevenoaks so that now I have more free time. Idk. It's mostly likely that I should be working harder and am just lazier than ever, being all comfortable. We had exams just before I got here. I think I failed the anatomy one, although the online one was just about alright. I'm really not inclined to retake in the summer or repeat the year so this is slightly worrying. I've literally spent this holiday bumming around and I have a Ethics Module (so TOK-like PUKE) and an SSC (like a really dull EE) to do but I've just been tumbling and fan-ficcing and chyeah. I should probably get on all that. I feel like I have an excuse since I've been working for Khali but oh well. Ok I am now off bed-ward. Please note I have ruined my sleeping patterns.
-[n][a][d][a][&][]