& I need something more to keep on breathing for.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 Posted In , , , , , , , , Edit This


Believe
By The Bravery
The faces all around me, they don't smile, they just crack
Waiting for our ship to come but our ship's not coming back
We do have time like pennies in a jar
What are we saving for?
What are we saving for?
There's a smell of stale feeling that's drinking from our skins
The drinking never stops because the drinks absolve our sins
We sit and throw our roots into the floor
What are we waiting for?
What are we waiting for?
So give me something to believe
'Cause I am living just to breathe
And I need something more to keep on breathing for
So give me something to believe
Some thing's always coming, you can hear it in the ground
It swells into the air with the rising, rising sound
And never comes but shakes the boards and rattles all the doors
What are we waiting for?
What are we waiting for?
So give me something to believe
'Cause I am living just to breathe
And I need something more to keep on breathing for
So give me something to believe
I am hiding from some beast but the beast was always here
Watching without eyes because the beast is just my fear
That I am just nothing, now it's just what I've become
What am I waiting for?
It's already done
So give me something to believe
'Cause I am living just to breathe
And I need something more to keep on breathing for
So give me something to believe And I need something more to keep on breathing for
So give me something to believe
I feel good right now. For several reasons. Firstly I've eaten well and am full, which doesn't happen a lot here at university. This has happened both yesterday and today, because I went out with my PBL group for one of the groupmates birthday lunches yesterday; and today my flatmates had vouchers for McDonalds and I decided to be a fatass and go along. I am also happy because I got my MMR shot and now do not have to face OHSAS unless I get some sort of horrid infectious injury (God forbid). Other reasons I'm happy include the fact that Haematology is an awesome system as we now have almost every afternoon off, so instead of finishing at 4 everyday like before, I now finish at 1. Booyah.

The main reason I'm happy is because I just found a source of great reassurance to me. Actually I found it a while ago, but I took the time to read it today. There is someone out there who is a doctor (yay I want to be one of those), evidently has ample free time (I would like free time when inshallah I am a doctor, to write blogs, play sims, own a kitten, read Pride and Prejudice fanfics and so forth), is funny (I like to think I'm fairly amusing, but if I'm not I would like to be some day), has faith (yes we don't share the same religion, but it's nice to find people with faith who have it in the way you want- I would like to be understatedly religious if that's a thing), and has love (something which I've been stupidly stressing about unnecessarily considering I'm 18, likely a commitmentphobe and a bit too naive for a proper relationship).
This makes me incandescently happy. I feel like I want to do some good solid work instead of just bumming around, a habit I have developed rather well of late. I also feel like I want to get back into m religious routing and say all my prayers nice and proper.
This probably actually wasn't what I was looking for, in the sense that I've been rather focused on finding cuteness of late, but it's definitely what I needed. So in many ways...
I found what I'm looking for.

-[n][a][d][a][&][]