you were an asshole, and now you're gone...
Sunday, June 22, 2014 Posted In ARGH , friends , Green Day Edit This
...and I'm not gonna hold a grudge. Because let's face it, I'm notoriously crap at grudge-holding. I will forgive you. Probably in a few hours... days at best.
But I won't forget. I don't get angry easily, and when I do it's only a brief moment where I wanna tear you a new one and then it just fades away like it was never there to begin with usually without anyone realising anything happened. I'm just incredibly talented at remembering the good stuff and realising that the bad too is as temporary as the good. Like right now I can't stop remembering the stupid shit you offered to do for me and the silly childhood thoughts you confessed and the pretty compliments you paid. It's hard to forget them, just like it's hard to forget when you decided none of that had ever happened. So know this, even though I will forgive you, I will not forget.
You hear that, girl in the playground who stole my favourite Minnie Mouse hair bow when I was three? I genuinely have not forgotten. I even know where you go to uni. Not because I want to come retrieve my bow or anything, I've just realised that I actually still know you and still remember that incident regarding the aforementioned bow. If you read this, all I have to say is: give it back, bitch.
I haven't forgotten the more serious stuff either... or the perpetrators of it. I don't hate you or anything, I'm long over it. I barely remember my anger. But I haven't forgotten and whilst I will always be polite I will never trust you again.
So the whole "when your ship is going down, I'll stand by and watch you drown" is more Billie Joe and less me. But don't worry, even though I won't hold this grudge, I got a few friends who will always make sure I don't drown trying to save you or anything... or more accurately I can hear them saying "Ghurl, don't you let that good for nothing poopface back in your life again."
P.S. I don't need you. I never have and I never will. I just wanted you, like you wanted me for a time. And any part of me that is still enthralled is merely interested in the enigma of what changed and made you stop.
P.P.S. This post sounds like something it isn't.
But I won't forget. I don't get angry easily, and when I do it's only a brief moment where I wanna tear you a new one and then it just fades away like it was never there to begin with usually without anyone realising anything happened. I'm just incredibly talented at remembering the good stuff and realising that the bad too is as temporary as the good. Like right now I can't stop remembering the stupid shit you offered to do for me and the silly childhood thoughts you confessed and the pretty compliments you paid. It's hard to forget them, just like it's hard to forget when you decided none of that had ever happened. So know this, even though I will forgive you, I will not forget.
You hear that, girl in the playground who stole my favourite Minnie Mouse hair bow when I was three? I genuinely have not forgotten. I even know where you go to uni. Not because I want to come retrieve my bow or anything, I've just realised that I actually still know you and still remember that incident regarding the aforementioned bow. If you read this, all I have to say is: give it back, bitch.
I haven't forgotten the more serious stuff either... or the perpetrators of it. I don't hate you or anything, I'm long over it. I barely remember my anger. But I haven't forgotten and whilst I will always be polite I will never trust you again.
So the whole "when your ship is going down, I'll stand by and watch you drown" is more Billie Joe and less me. But don't worry, even though I won't hold this grudge, I got a few friends who will always make sure I don't drown trying to save you or anything... or more accurately I can hear them saying "Ghurl, don't you let that good for nothing poopface back in your life again."
P.S. I don't need you. I never have and I never will. I just wanted you, like you wanted me for a time. And any part of me that is still enthralled is merely interested in the enigma of what changed and made you stop.
P.P.S. This post sounds like something it isn't.
