Tuesday, December 20, 2016 Edit This
THAT TONGUE THING
a boy I warmed my toes on once told me that women and reptiles were alike:
forever needing warming
and ceaselessly shedding
capable of 'that tongue thing'
but I am waiting for my egg shell to hatch open
and to reveal an inner awe-inspiring dragon
because although my toes are cold
my heart is warm, it aches uncontrolled
although there's a head of my hair in the carpets
I can't shed this skin covered in your fingerprints
and I cannot will my tongue to say the words my heart needs to be spoken
a boy I warmed my toes on once told me that women and reptiles were alike:
forever needing warming
and ceaselessly shedding
capable of 'that tongue thing'
but I am waiting for my egg shell to hatch open
and to reveal an inner awe-inspiring dragon
because although my toes are cold
my heart is warm, it aches uncontrolled
although there's a head of my hair in the carpets
I can't shed this skin covered in your fingerprints
and I cannot will my tongue to say the words my heart needs to be spoken
