This Time for Africa!: I. Cape Town
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 Edit This
Here from Christmas Day til about 4am on the 30th. (Didn't even realise at the time it was Nanaboo's birthday 😔)
The day we arrived we went to dinner at the waterfront and we probably should have investigated a bit further because we ended up eating outside surrounded by chicken bones and seagulls. Not very pleasant.
Day 2 we took a peninsula tour which was very beautiful. Saw most of the peaks from a distance, table mountain, lions head, signal hill, little lions head. Camps Bay, Hout Bay and Boulders beach also. Saw the penguins which I had been very excited about! There was also a lighthouse at Cape Point which was quite nice. Cape of Good Hope was slightly less exciting aside from a sign that said it was the most south western point of Africa. The tour ended at Kirstenbosch which I was somewhat surprised to find I enjoyed! It was very pretty but I think we spent just the right amount of time there. Was disappointed not to see the colourful beach guys of Muizenberg though.
The following day we went up table mountain by cable car, it was incredibly warm but the view was very nice. We then went to BoKaap, saw the multicoloured slaves houses and had Malaysian food. Then Mom and Ollie and I went to Greenmarket square as Serene was starting to lose her patience.
The next day Mom and I visited African Heart and then we all went to Greenmarket square and picked up some souvenirs.
The last day we went paragliding and it was quite fantastic! I think I want to take lessons. I can't decide if this is something I actually want to do (I do LOVE the floaty soary feeling) or if this is just an attempt to appeal? Ah well. Yes, that whole thing is still stuck in my head which is ridiculous cos it's been longer since than the duration of the whole thing... It was a nice relaxing last day as well. Also walked to the Green Point lighthouse which was much more picturesque than the one at Cape Point and more what I look for in a lighthouse :P
Stools (Serene suggested I keep updates on this... I think she was kidding but I was not!) -maybe slightly loose - Bristol Stool Type 5












