This Time for Africa!: VIII. Lusaka
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 Edit This
Arrived in Lusaka with no real clue where I was meant to be going. Asked the guy beside me on the bus who asked the bus conductor who rang his friend Benjamin a taxi driver. Benjamin delivered me to my destination with minimal chat about my relationship status, which is always what you want from a taxi driver.
Arrived at the hostel and met a Chinese couple who'd been backpacking FOR SEVEN MONTHS with the intention of another 11. They took me to the mall with them and on the way back we got so damn soaked in the downpour I may as well not have worn anything.
On our return who did I encounter at the hostel but the Spanish man (who'd been at my last lodge) biking his way from Dar es Salaam to Windhoek/Cape Town. He is fit. But also looks mildly dangerous. Which probably only makes him more fit.
I had the best shower since leaving the parents. Warm. Clean. Amazing. I almost cried. That place was spotless, the cleaning lady would clean the white tiles and then not 15 minutes later be cleaning again. It was something amazing.
The evening was spent antisocially/socially making the most of the wifi, with George a once fluffy mosquito eating dog sitting beside me.
I had to ask the Chinese lady to use her hairdryer so I could dry my clothes enough to pack them.
The following morning I very rushedly crammed an omelette into my face and was conveyed to the airport by Benjamin. He had advised me that I didn't need to leave quite so early. He had been right in his assessment. I loitered for far too long with my fat as fuck backpack.
Stools: I don't think I pooped in Lusaka. A shame cos the loos were actually SO NICE.
